LoVe

LoVe

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Look at me...



Look at me.
Tell me what you see.

A girl dressed conservative?
Or a girl safe and free?

Do you see me as a voiceless woman?
Or a respectful one?

Do you look around?
Or notice things but me?

Do you see the men nodding respectfully to greet me?
Do you hear the voiceless acknowledgement when I pass by?

Do you see me trying to get attention?
Or do you see a carefree woman?

I don’t dress the way you do.
Nor do I speak that way you speak.

I act the way I should,
And be the person I am to be.

I make men and woman want to know me for who I am,
Than by judging how I look.

You might say that I’m socially imprisoned,
But this is who I want to be.

I don’t like to exploit myself to the world.
And I definitely don’t like lowering myself to certain standards.

I am a Muslim woman.
Born to be.

And I will carry it out,
The way it must be.

Proud and strong and faithful to Allah.
That is the person I choose to be!

No comments: